Thursday, August 11, 2011

Relax, Don't Worry...

Seems that worry is one of the biggest traits I inherited from my upbringing. I know it is bad for me. I know it does no good. Still, I worry. Breathe in, breathe out, do EFT tapping exercises, say positive affirmations like "all my needs are taken care of, I am safe, everything is moving in the right direction" etc. Sometimes it helps. Well, the more I practice it, the more it helps. But some days, like today, when I have too much time on my hands and my back still hurts, the old circles of anxiety begin.

No expectations - I can't control the outcome - everything will turn out just fine. Focus on love. Focus on peace. Focus on positive thoughts. Take a little blue pill. Much as I hate to admit it, the anti-anxiety medication does work.

There are a lot of changes coming up and I haven't seen my mother in 15 years - now I'll be living with her for a while.... And she is a master worrier. How can I keep my balance and not get caught up in the downward spiral of her (and my own) anxiety?

Practice, Practice, Trust....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home