Monday, August 08, 2011

Hula Hoop Girl

As my back continues to heal, I've been taking nightly 6 to 10 block walks down the street. There's one house, rather unusually built with what look like river rocks. A big white pit bull barks and wags his tail from behind the chain link fence. Recently, as I've slowly strolled by, there's been a young woman outside gyrating with a white-striped hula-hoop. As I'm somewhat mobility-impaired, at the moment, I find I am rather envious of her fluid movements. I'd like to stand and watch for a while but her dog keeps barking until I pass by. Since this is Reno, I can't help but wonder if this bleach blond tube-top clad lass is practicing for her act at the strip club. Maybe she works at Circus-Circus, though, and entertains the kids....

Or maybe I'm just being waaaaaaayyyy too judgmental and she has just found a fun way to exercise? Really - it does look like fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

There is a trend toward hula hooping for exercise -- http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=8_funfilled_hula_hoop_exercises_for_better_finess

8/08/2011 7:19 PM  
Blogger Anne S. said...

Ah - judgmental, I guess. If my hips could move, I'd give it a try...

8/08/2011 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home