Friday, July 29, 2011

Hospital Bill - Vanished!

It was a VERY long day. Finding the bus stop, lots of walking and making sure I transferred to the correct route to take me to the County Social Services office. They pushed up my meeting 23 days - to today, to show all of my financial information so I could have my 43 Thousand Dollar hospital bill reduced.

I arrived way too early, not knowing how the buses work in this town. Ended up walking up and down the long and narrow building and taking a rest on a circular bench for a while. Finally met with my case manager, who looked very carefully at my bank and unemployment statements, the bill of sale of my car, and some statements from Michelle, documenting my time living in her house and a utility bill. Ellen, the case worker, did some number crunching, scanned all of my papers and took my ID and asked some questions about my monthly bills, etc.

And then she said: "We are going to pay your bill"!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Now, this does not include attending physicians and radiology. Those, you will have to make arrangements for on your own, but fax them the form from us and tell them your circumstances and they MAY be able to work with you".

Such a relief, I can't tell you. Today was the hottest day since I've been here, 99 degrees and I was outside (under a traveling umbrella) for a good portion of the afternoon, so I am BEAT. I am going to wait until Monday to start working on the other bills and just collapse tonight.

What a day. Thank God!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home