Thursday, July 28, 2011

Just Got the Preliminary Medical Bill

You don't want to know how much the bill is. I don't want to know. Hey, it's more than I owe for college tuition.

Apparently, I spent nearly an entire day in Intensive Care. I had no idea. Guess that's what they call the place where the ambulance brings you. There were a lot of monitors but it was not nearly as elaborate as the cardiac ICU when I had my open heart surgery. Lots of folks milling about - lights, beeping, doctors grimacing and shaking their head at the foot of my bed. Rolling down the hall to cat scan and x-ray machines, back to the room with all the monitors. Guess that's ICU.

Tomorrow I meet with the county and show them exactly how much money I have. I sure hope they rule in my favor. I don't know what the heck I'm going to do. And, yet again, I'll have to do it alone. Times like these I really wish I had a husband. Or just a hand to hold. Or a pair of strong arms encircling me. Or a hug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home