Friday, August 05, 2011

Good Things About Pennsylvania

Trying to remember the things I liked about living in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania:

Fall Colors - trees are amazing
The Walnut Street Bridge to City Island
Rolling Hills
The train to Philadelphia
Shoe-Fly Pie (wheat. darn.)
Chocolate Easter Eggs filled with peanut butter or coconut
Old houses from the civil-war era
Hershey's annual antique auto show - hear they now have a museum
Hotel Hershey
Front Street and walking along the river
I have musician friends who live there
Main street of Mechanicsburg is pretty
Union Street in Middletown - wonder if Kuppy's Diner is still in business?
Amish country
Lancaster is pretty
Funk and Soul music - hope somebody still plays it on the radio!
Free orchestra concerts occasionally
The ceiling of The Forum
Other towns and cities are close by

These are things I remember. Don't know how much the place has changed. Visited briefly in 2002, before my Aunt Esther passed away. Saw her and my aunt Nippy for the last time - Nippy died the following June.

I hope I fit in. Always dreamed of returning home "triumphantly". Well, a young girl's fantasy, I suppose. Going back home and hopefully starting a new life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home