Monday, August 15, 2011

Pain and Preparations

I have been checking into all kinds of services in Harrisburg. So far, I can't find a cheap place to get my INR blood tests done. People don't want to touch you if you don't have insurance. Even the Hamilton clinic has foisted me onto somebody else and they have not called back yet, with information. And now, I find I have to have another doctor's prescription in order to get the INR. How am I going to get that in one day from a community health clinic in Reno? Have figured out the bus park-and-ride schedule, found a yoga place with a teacher who understands back issues and have looked into a community acupuncture place.

I wish my back would get better, though. The pain can be so exhausting. I have cut back on the meds to 2 Vicadin and 2 1/2 Extra Strength Tylenol a day, but today I needed more. Am I going to be living in pain for the rest of my life? I am doing some stretches and strengthening exercises but I feel my progress is very slow. I walked for 10 blocks this morning but am now reclining on my bed, resting. Plus, I did a load of laundry and walked up and down stairs. I am doing better this week at not worrying, but I am frustrated, for sure. Tomorrow will be my last chiropractic appointment for a while. I have good days and bad days. Praying that the good outweigh the bad, very, very soon.

I am almost all packed. 1 suitcase and 1 duffle bag My 2 boxes arrived at mother's the other day. Somehow I will get these suitcases into a cab and to the check-in gate at the airport on Wednesday. Then, I'm doubling my medication for the flight. And, I may ask for special transport so I make my connecting flight on time.

I hope my new boss, Glenn, will be patient with me as I learn my new job and I pray that my mother and I can begin a new, positive relationship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home