Thursday, April 30, 2015

Gratitude and Platitudes

This morning I woke up feeling so very grateful.

Grateful for all of the help my sister, Linda, has given me through this journey. Grateful that my sister, Lisa, set up a "Go Fund Me" page (against my initial wishes) that helped me financially these past several months. Amazed that Lisa found a place for us to stay during this time. So thankful that the young woman, Margaret, who had an "extra furnished house" near Albuquerque is a very cool young lady. Have enjoyed getting to know her and her partner, Paul.

I can't forget about all of the kind and generous people who have contributed to the "Go Fund Me" page. I am flabbergasted by their generosity. Some of them even gave multiple times! How have I been so fortunate?

I have been so lucky to have Medicaid during this medical crisis. Because of it, I had the best surgeons in the state (according to Albuquerque magazine) operate on me. I am so thankful I am able to go to cardiac rehab in a facility that is well-staffed.

Only thirteen more days here, before I move back home. I am a little sad about that. It means that my sister will be flying back East a few days later and I will live alone again. At the same time, I am happy to return to the gentle routine of everyday life, living as a person, and not a patient.

If I haven't said all of this before, I have certainly thought it. I have been blessed. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home