Thursday, March 12, 2015

Latest Celebrity Crushes and Luxury Comedy



"Squidbillies", a crude, absurd cartoon about a tribe of Northern Georgia land-dwelling octopuses got me through my last open-heart surgery. The show also helped me deal with the prejudices encountered while living in the South for 4 years. I recommend the show to any "Yankees" who find themselves displaced below the Mason-Dixon line for a time.

As my 2015 surgery date approached, I wondered what would get me through the bodily trauma, this time. When my sister, Linda, posted an episode of Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy on my Facebook page prior to my chest-cracking, I had my answer.

For several weeks, I had been developing a crush on the adorable deadpan British comedian, director, writer and intellectual, Richard Ayoade, after watching the TV show "The IT Crowd" on Netflix. My crush solidified, when I began following his work on panel shows and on a tech-savvy news show, Gadget Man on You Tube. I mean, look at him. Caramel skin, impish big brown eyes, cleft chin and a mass of unruly hair. What's not to love?


He has a wacky friend, who also appeared with him on on most of these ventures, Noel Fielding. You must watch Fielding's work portraying the character "Richmond" on "The IT Crowd". Noel created "Luxury Comedy", one of the most bizarre shows I've ever seen and I was hooked. Happily, Ayoade appears on many of Luxury Comedy's episodes.

Anyhow, this theater of the absurd got me through the run-up to surgery, and I finished the last episode of the second season, today, nearly 2 weeks after the operation. I am still laughing.

Luxury Comedy. ooh yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home