Friday, January 23, 2015

Take a Deep Breath

Post operation, I am already breathing deeper than I have in a long, long time. I am not dizzy anymore and I feel like I can think. Not getting enough oxygen to the body and brain takes its toll.

Nobody realized how huge Gilbert the Goiter (RIP) was, until they got me on the operating table. A procedure that normally takes 2 hours took over 6 hours. I had a great surgeon and anesthesiologist! They made sure they took their time and were very careful. The tumor had wrapped itself around my vocal chords, and they are stretched out. I sound like Bonnie Tyler. (It's a heartache....nothin' but a heartache) My voice will improve.

So glad surgery-number-one is over with. Meeting with the heart surgeon on Monday, to schedule the one that comes next.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! So happy to hear the surgery went well! I've been thinking about you and will continue to send all the good healing love your way.: ) Stay strong Anne!

1/24/2015 12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home