Wednesday, December 17, 2014

How Am I Now?

How am I now? Mostly tired. And somewhat encouraged.

What seemed totally dire a week or so ago now seems inevitable and even mundane. Getting used to the idea of two major surgeries back-to-back and starting to trust the Western medical system.

Absolutely thrilled with Medicaid, at the moment. Tests that would normally cost me thousands of dollars are billed at $7 each. Seriously. Unfortunately, the benefits do not extend to my teeth. Still raising money online to get the dental bills paid for - tooth problems can cause bacterial infections during surgery.

I am world's worst dental patient. I need nitrus oxide for cleanings. My mouth is very sensitive and I have childhood dental trauma. Mother is a tooth-fetishist. 

 Driving 3 and a half hours one-way to get to two different hospitals. Spending lots of time on hotel discount websites, as my sister and I have had to stay in Albuquerque or Santa Fe, in order to make appointments. Becoming very familiar with lodging one step up the food chain from Motel 6. Thanking OPEC for lowering gas prices during this crucial time.

Hard to believe people are donating money to assist in all of these medical and related costs. Very grateful.

One day of running all over equals a second day spent mostly in bed. Today is a stay-in-bed day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are people donating? Do you have a go fund me page?

12/20/2014 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home