Friday, July 04, 2008

2 Miles a Day!!

I am walking a lot these days. Just a few months after my open heart surgery, I am up to 2 miles a day when I go out walking! I'm graduating from cardiac rehab class on Wednesday. It has been a great thing. Built my confidence in exercise.

Today I walked all the way through the big dog park at Magnuson Park as well as all along the path to the boat launch and beyond. And back. I barely feel the stress anymore in my body. My legs and arms are much stronger. For a while they were sore after I completed my trek. Today I walked for almost a solid hour! In cardiac rehab class, they don't stress the distance of your walk. They stress the amount of time you spend exercising. I've been doing very well. This is the main goal I wanted to achieve in the class. I wanted to get back to my habit of walking 3 miles up to 5 days a week.

Looks like I'm almost there!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I am so proud of you, and I love you so much. It is amazing to hear the life in your voice again. It had been lost for such a long time. My own heart soars at your accomplishments.

7/04/2008 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home