Wednesday, June 11, 2008

One of THEM

I've been part of the EVIL EMPIRE for a while now and didn't even realize it!

Since September, I've had an email account at the company where I have my part-time producer job and didn't even realize it. Actually, as I think back, I believe I remember learning about this account and not being able to log into it. So, I forgot about it.

I'm so glad I did!

I was finally reminded of the account and learned how to log into it from my boss' boss. And when I got into it, the mailbox was filled with - hmmm, how do I put it - Corporate BULLSHIT!!!

Memos from the company CEO and CFO and telling us what good employees we all are and how proud we should be of our great and glorious company. Surveys from HR asking us how they are doing. On memorial day we were reminded that brave men and women fought for our freedoms. Christmas time brought a flashy email from the CEO that was, essentially, a coast-to-coast trek across the land listening to the annoying radio jingles and bumpers that I used to help create. It sounds like noise and garbage to me now.

It has been nearly 8 years since I've had to read corporate emails and these make me a little queasy. Especially since I'm working for radio's Evil Empire!

Ignorance really is bliss!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home