Thursday, June 26, 2008

Is it Safe to Breathe Yet?

Thursdays, as it turns out, is the big deadline stress day at my job.

Thursday is the day all guests have to be booked and confirmed for the following week. By 3pm the schedule goes out to the 500-odd affiliates across the nation so they can promote it to their listeners.

Wednesdays will be my balls-to-the-wall get it done ASAP days. I've interviewed 12 or 14 guests so far, many of them college professors. I've had to cancel guests at the last minute. I've had guests cancel 5 minutes before air-time. I've also had hosts cancel a couple of hours before the show.

I've only been at this job for a few weeks. I hope I can handle the stress!

Must learn how to keep breathing through all of this!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Hope? You ARE handling it! And every scenario is a new one, so you're learning new skills. Have confidence! They hired the right person for the job!!!

6/26/2008 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home