Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hendrix LIVES!

I went for a walk to day on a route I haven't traversed since I left Seattle in 2000. Several streets adjacent to Ravenna Park, up and down rolling hills. I used to cry out "Hendrix, George!" when I strolled past one particular kinda run-down blue gray house. Hendrix and George were two friendly street lovin' kitties who'd run out to grab a bit of my lovin' as I passed by.

Today when I walked by, just for laughs, I cried out "Hendrix! George!" like I used to. Nothing. No sweet kitties running out to the sidewalk. But, 40 minutes later, on my way back, what did I spy but a little Siamese kitty head on the porch! Hendrix, now much older and darker and slower sauntered down the front steps at my cry! We had a good 5 to 10 minutes of scratching and petting and cooing before I headed back to my car. I almost cried as we said good bye, in kitty "blinky-eye" style.

No sign of George.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

So very sweet....and bittersweet too. It's a link to the past and hope for the future.

6/21/2008 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home