Monday, November 21, 2005

Give It Away Now, Give It Away Now!

I keep hearing that old Red Hot Chili Pepper's song in my head. "What I got I wanna give it to your mama...etc" (but I doubt they were singing about used furniture.)

I have not been able to find a cost-effective way to move (or drag)all my stuff back to Seattle. So, I've joined up with Freecycle.org. That is an online community dedicated to recycling stuff from one person to another. Why buy new stuff or send it to the landfill when there are people out there who either want to get rid of it or who need it?

I totally support the Karma of give-aways, even though it is VERY SCARY giving away all of my stuff. Really, really terrifying. Part of me feels like I'll never get anything back again. Another part of me feels like I must be ungrateful for what I have. But, I feel good when I see the happy faces of the people getting my stuff.

Today a lady picked up my plant stand and another woman picked up some old blankets and comforters. Tomorrow my microwave cart, ironing board, TV and CD player will be gone.

Also today I mailed in my application for graduate school. Big day. Big uncertain day. Crossing my fingers that I get into the grad program.

I'm exhausted and my nose is bleeding (I've probably got high blood pressure due to all of my stress)Or else it is bleeding from dry, polluted air.

And, the cats know something is up. They won't like loosing their comfy spots for napping. Hope they enjoy the backseat of a Nissan Sentra. A tiny Nissan Sentra for 3,000 miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home