Friday, June 17, 2005

Diploma

I got my diploma today.

This week, working in my University's Registrar Office, I've mailed out HUNDREDS of diplomas. Then, when mine was handed to me, suddenly, it looked different from all the rest.

The University of North Carolina
confers upon
Ansapo
who has honorably fulfilled the requirements prescribed
by the Faculty and the Board of Trustees, the degree of
Bachelor of Arts
Magna Cum Laude
together with all the rights, honors, and privlieges thereunto appertaining


I started to cry.

22 years after the rest of my peers got their degrees and I started hanging my head whenever someone asked me "Where did you go to college?" I got mine.

It means so much to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miami Muse said...

Congrats!!!

8/04/2005 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home