Friday, March 25, 2005

Rednecks with Chainsaws

Nobody wants to be awakened by the sounds of Rednecks with Chainsaws!

They've been surrounding my house and hacking at shrubbery and tree branches for more than 2 hours now!! When the deaffening whir of their deadly machinery isn't making my ears bleed, their shouting "Hey, BJ, you might-could get that there big 'un for me!" (a direct quote) is making me wince!

(One thing I've not been able to get used to here in North Carolina, Redneck accents and convoluted vocabulary. Now, the word "y'all" is a different issue. I think that 'y'all' is a very useful word, one that encompasses all sizes and genders of people.)

Back to the Rednecks with Chainsaws issue: Those two words should never go together! Rednecks and Chainsaws reminds me of the punchline of one of my favorite Southern jokes:

Q: What are a Redneck's last words?

A: "Hey y'all, watch this!"

Enough said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home