Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Plumbing Problems

Last night, after 10pm my toilet overflowed! Badly! And instead of turning off the water flow, I turned the handle the wrong way and made even more water spurt out! Lefty loosey, righty tighty...gotta remember that. Needless to say it was not a pretty (nor a sanitary) sight. I didn't have a plunger, hardware stores were closed and my landlord lives a half an hour away. So, I laid a bunch of towels on the floor and went to bed.

I woke up at 6 am and had to ... pee in the tub ... Ew. Ick. GROSS. I understand that guys wouldn't have a problem with this due to that outside hose apparatus and it is a natural occurence in the shower but NOT FOR WOMEN! I rinsed out the tub and then poured peroxide in it for good measure, then got dressed and went to Home Depot. Wow. they had around five different types of plungers and after trying out the suction on 3 kinds, I bought the industrial yellow-with-sturdy-black-rubber-plunger. When I got to the cashier, she asked me if I was having a good morning. I nodded and said I was.

But, NO! A woman buying a big yellow plunger at 7 am is NOT HAVING A GOOD MORNING!!!!

Luckily, the thing worked, the toilet got unclogged and I had just enough quarters to clean all of the soiled towels in the building's washing machine.

Now I just have to scrub the floor with Murphy's Oil Soap. Maybe tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home