Monday, March 28, 2005

You Can Take Starbucks Out of Seattle but...

You definitely can't put Seattle into every Starbucks!

Case in point: Yesterday was a gloomy day in my North Carolina town. The kind where the gestating clouds are going to deliver any second. I decided it was perfect latte weather and headed out to my nearby Starbucks for a cafe Americano. As I was sipping my coffee, I overheard the following conversation between the Asian American male barista and an older, mustachioed Tennessee Williams type:

"So, ya seen the new semi-automatics yet?"
"Not yet. I'm headed to the gun show to check 'em out."
"Wonder if the Pentagon will put in for a new contract?"
"Well, you know how them boys are. It's all about the money."
"Hey, you headed to the range any time soon?"
"Might be. Wanna shoot off a few?"

The South never ceases to amaze. I just hope caffeine doesn't affect their trigger fingers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home