Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Waiting for the work to begin

I'm graduated and (semi) employed now, having begun a long-term temp position in the Registrar's office at my medium-sized Southern university.

Now that I have a degree (which should arrive next week...) I am taken more seriously by employers and I am FINALLY getting the analytical-type of work I crave. No more receptionist/multi-tasking/heavy-interruption/ask-permission-to-go-to-the-bathroom-so-somebody-else-can-get-the-phones types of jobs for me, fingers crossed.

But, in order for me to grasp the intricacies of my work, I need to wait for others to complete their parts of the process so I can be trained on mine.

So, I wait. And surf the web. And brush-up on my Excel skills with online training. And sneak a few M&M's. And read my predecessor's notes. And walk sloooowwwlllyyy to the ladies room.

15 minutes and it will be lunch time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home