Friday, September 02, 2011

Too Empathetic

So, I was told today that I better look for another job. After just one week on this new job. ONE WEEK.

I am "too hard on myself". I "want to know all the answers" and I am "too empathetic". It is a very complicated business and I deal with many, many poor people. I suppose I need to act like Patty and Selma from "The Simpsons", who work at the DMV. But, that is just not me. I want to do the best I can to help people.

I need a job where I can do a focused task, with few telephone interruptions, where I can do research (not scientific) and be in the back of the office, not the front. My boss is right. I am the wrong person for this job. But I am broke. And I don't know what to do. I am so sick of looking for work!!! And now, since I started a new position in a new state, I can no longer collect unemployment.

Maybe I'll learn not to care. But I don't want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home