Friday, October 10, 2008

Crazy Neighbor

I live in a building with a woman who accuses me of breaking into her apartment at night. Why I would do this, I don't know. She calls me a liar when I deny it.

Back when things were pleasant between us, I would run into her in the hall and she would just stare at me. She has a habit of sneaking up behind me and not saying anything. I am always startled when I turn around because I don't hear her walking up to me.

This morning, when she slammed her door, I had enough. In a little fit of rage I yelled, I wish you'd go back on your medication!

A few minutes later she pounded on my door and told me that her being on medication was none of my business and that if she accused me of the same, she bets I would take her to court. She yelled, "liar, liar, liar" at me when again, I denied going into her apartment.

She started complaining about strange people in my apartment, keeping her up by talking on the phone at all hours into the night.

I know she has an illness. But I don't deserve to live like this. I need my home to be peaceful.

As it turns out, the building manager is out of the country until the end of the month. If she had been there, I would have asked to move into another building that she runs. I'll ask when she gets back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home