Thursday, September 18, 2008

Good Days

I've actually had 2 good days in a row at this job!

I booked a show for this Saturday night, had a couple of good pre-interviews with potential guests, got a hold of a publicist from a publishing company I've been trying to reach for 2 weeks and finally got a review copy of a book I've been waiting for! I also got to know my neighbor, Tia, who is an avid reader and had lots of potential guest suggestions for me!

Things are looking up.

Maybe it is something in the air. Tonight I bumped into the woman I not-so-affectionately refer to as "my crazy neighbor" - and she was perfectly sane - and pleasant! Her eyes fully focused on me and she called me by name. It was stunning and made me sad. This woman had shaved her head around the same time Brittany Spears did because she got tired of clogging her bathtub drain. Most of the time when I see her in the hallway and say "hi", she glares and stares strait ahead and doesn't say a word. She's been known to lay outside, fully dressed in jeans and a long-sleeved shirt during warm sunny days. She also turns off all the lights in the building and sits in the kitchen for hours on end and stares straight ahead. Clearly, she has a severe mental illness.

The reason I was so sad was because she was so pleasant when she was lucid. I assume she needs to take medication and runs out of it or forgets sometime. But, I don't know all of the reasons. I just wish she was always sane. She even offered me a sugar cookie this evening.

We both need more good days!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

DON'T EAT THE COOKIES!!!!! SAVE YOURSELF!!!!

9/19/2008 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home