Sunday, August 17, 2008

It Didn't Occur to Me

It didn't even occur to me that tonight's host might want to promote next week's show tonight. I hadn't confirmed that show yet and had to apologize to him. I feel just awful.

I have been doing this job without much direction. When I do get direction, I follow orders and get things done well. But I need a road map. I need some guidance and unless I screw something up and am told, I don't know that I made a mistake. I do NOT like this way of training. Everything is done on the fly. I like being given guidelines and then, after I've learned those, improvise.

Every morning, I awaken to a sinking feeling in my stomach that churns into anxiety. I hope I'm doing the right thing. I hope the books and guests I'm getting please the host and the other producers. I hope the way I've been communicating to publishers and possible guests is correct. So much is unclear. So much is in the air. I think I need a bit more entrepreneurial spirit to excel at this. Perhaps I was meant to be a worker bee and not a queen bee.

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda S. Silberman said...

There's nothing wrong with you. Please don't take the mistakes personally...I am sure that you are doing your best and that is good enough.
love you
L.

8/18/2008 4:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Anne: May I suggest that your job might be a lot easier and more fun if you imagine that it is a white-water raft and that you are Linda, riding perched on the front with one foot in the water (and do let go of the "chicken" line every once in a while)!

Love from Harrisburg,
Bob E.

8/18/2008 8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home