Thursday, July 07, 2011

I need help

This post is not going to get me a job. I am in dire straits. I have been taking the small steps I can, in order to help myself: Started attending CSL. Took a class in the EFT tapping technique to help reduce anxiety. Was taken to the emergency room to get anxiety and anti-depressant meds. Got into the state system to get these medicines for free, due to my impoverished state. Started feeling better. But, when I went for a drive, my back went out again and I am once again in very bad pain. Have gone to the chiropractor. Even went to an acupuncturist who did not help - he said I needed an MRI before he could get to the root of the problem, which may be bulging discs 4 and 5. I cannot afford an MRI - I have called many, many places - free clinics cannot help. They do not have the equipment.

Too much has happened in too short of a time. Last year, perhaps I did go "manic", as Dr. Cohen said. All I know is that after losing 2 jobs and a place to live, I kept getting progressively sicker and sicker, coughing, body swelling up in my hands and legs, even more. I heard a voice scream inside my head saying that it was mold and that I had to get to the desert. Which I did. When I got back, Lisa generously took me back in. But, I was unable to concentrate and could not find a job. After 6 months, the threw me out I had become too much for her. I went to Eireen and Phil's for a couple of days and then, Steve and Michelle generously allowed me to stay with them. It has been over 4 months now. I have been applying for jobs constantly and only have had 2 interviews - both unsuccessful. I have had my mental and physical health deteriorate. They did not sign up for this, for sure. This was just supposed to be a temporary place to stay until I got back up on my feet. But, it seems that I keep falling down. They have been very, very kind to me but I do not want to lose our friendship.

Today, I wanted to try and take further control of my situation, so I drove to the community clinic "HAWC" - when I got to the financial intake room, my back went into spasm and I was wheeled to a dr's office. They put me in a wheel chair and I waited and filled out papers, mostly by kneeling on the floor. They wanted me to go on Prednisone steroid packs but after checking with Linda and Angela, who both screamed "NO!!!!" I was put on muscle relaxants and a super kind of anti-anflamitory drug. I feel like a zombie - a drug addict. The pain i less, however. Lord - help me out of this, please!

I don't know what to do. I don't know where to go. I fear I may soon be out on the streets. I need serious help. Fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home