Sunday, April 25, 2010

Is something wrong with me?

I am a bit scared.

I've been "Living Out Loud", to quote that Queen Latifah / Holly Hunter film about a woman who undergoes a sensual resurgence and changes her life.

I have been overly bold, speaking my mind and refusing to be taken advantage of.

I have been flirting with an old friend - which might not be the wisest choice.

Tonight, I danced like I hadn't in ages, to Latin beats. People were videotaping and photographing me. Did I look like a total fool, or was I dancing well? All I know is that I haven't been able to dance like that in 15 years. Dancing with wild abandon in my living room used to be my primary form of exercise. Then I switched to walking. I didn't realize that I switched because I was no longer able to catch my breath while dancing. When I went wild during a Shakira song tonight, I couldn't believe that I didn't get dizzy, didn't lose my breath and wasn't in pain afterward.

I am forced to admit to myself that I lived in total denial, probably since the age of 34, that my heart was getting weaker and weaker. I kept blaming depression and laziness for my lack of energy. I need to keep reminding myself of this fact. I had been going downhill for a very, very long time.

Maybe the healthy heart is really the reason behind my craziness?

Maybe nothing is wrong with me and everything is right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

And, maybe it's menopause.

4/25/2010 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home