Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Sun Hurts!

My sun-loving friends don't understand me when I say this, but I'm physically in pain when I sit out in the sun for too long. And by too long, I mean just a few minutes.

I tried it again this morning, when I walked up the hill to my new favorite coffee shop, Irwins. They have great weathered Adirondack chairs outside - the left arm held my iced coffee and on the right one sat my toasted everything bagel with herbed cream cheese and fresh tomatoes (yum!!). I put on my sun hat and let my pasty white arms and legs soak up some solar juice.

Ouch!! After about 10 minutes, I had to cover my legs with a sweatshirt. I felt like needles were poking my skin - and not the teensy needles used by acupuncturists. Knitting needles, is more like it!

I have a feeling it is going to be a beautiful summer in Seattle with clear skies and temperatures regularly reaching the 80's. I'm kind of glad I'll be staying in my new basement apartment, under the earth - close to where the mole people live.

Mole people - please allow me to join your ranks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mickey said...

And by too long, I mean just a few minutes. Hilarious!I'm not a big sun fan either, but it doesn't hurt. Sometimes I get this nice feeling from the sun, where my skin tingles and my body is energized. As if I'm actually undergoing photosynthesis. But this rarely happens and only when I leave a place that has the air conditioning on constantly.

Hey! maybe one day you can come to florida, and we can roll around in the sand together on the beach.

I promise it won't hurt.

5/30/2009 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home