Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Gettin' Comfy In My New Place!

I love my new apartment.

Sure, it smells like gas right now, since the gas water heater is leaking (and the landlord is going to replace it), but it is in a neighborhood that I love and has a real, honest-to-goodness kitchen. After using a cutting board for a counter for the past two years, I don't know what to do with all the space! And so many cabinets and kitchen drawers! I finally have places to put stuff!

I have an actual living room/office and am soon getting a love seat. My good friend, Angela, gave me a TV with a DVD player that somebody just left, in her building. I have free basic cable TV AND cable internet! My bedroom is calm and soothing and has a good-sized closet. My bathroom doesn't have a tub but has a double-sized shower. And, the place is pretty!

And, best of all, I have my OWN washer and dryer!! And, the water heater is only used by me. Plus, the washer and dryer is in a storage room where I can put more stuff!

I walk outside and I see a glorious view of the city. I'm just a block away from the Burke-Gillman Trail and 2 and 1/2 blocks from Lake Union, the urban lake. I am within walking distance to a really cool coffee shop/cafe/bakery.

I love Wallingford and am thrilled to live here!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Yay! You deserve this!

5/21/2009 12:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good to hear it. Send me the address for future Christmas card reference.

5/23/2009 12:02 PM  
Blogger Linda S. Silberman said...

Oh my goodness! And you have a new, sweet kittie! I'm so happy for you Anne. Hurray!!!

5/23/2009 6:42 PM  
Blogger Linda S. Silberman said...

My security word is:
Buncili which everyone knows is Italian for, she with a large ass. Buncilo is the masculine version.

5/23/2009 6:43 PM  
Blogger Mickey said...

(jealous)

6/05/2009 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home