Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Payola Test - FAIL!

I have been trying to take the corporate online payola-plugola test for 6 weeks now.

Everything is done online and none of it works from my computer at home. Today, I even drove downtown to a corporate-owned radio station to take the test on one of their computers. I had to wade through the 40-minute online training BEFORE I could press the button that says "Take the Test". Each time I pushed it, I was sent to a screen that read "This page is not found".

Fuck it. Corporate knows I have tried to take the test 5 times. I've wasted about 10 hours of my life on this. No more.

I have not failed the test. The test has failed me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda S. Silberman said...

What is the test for?

6/20/2009 4:37 AM  
Blogger Anne S. said...

Payola is slang for "pay for play". DJs used to accept bribes to play a record and it resulted in a huge scandal years ago. Clear Channel was "dinged" because some of their stations were accused of payola and now all employees have to take the Payola test every year.

6/21/2009 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home