Friday, October 19, 2007

Pretending to be a grown-up

My boss at the pizza place wrote up a series of guidelines to help me deal with complaint calls. Now that I have that, perhaps I won't feel so rudderless when I deal with upset and angry callers. Maybe I'll figure out a way to handle this and I won't quit, after all.

I got a call to interview for another job I applied for, one I might like better, making up "Triptiks" and helping folks plan their driving vacations for AAA. Surprisingly, the pay is only about $1 - $1.50 more an hour than I'm making right now. And, I'd work 8 more hours a week. However, it would be a MUCH longer commute - over a floating bridge -(and in Seattle, that means a LOT) and the work day starts at 8:00 AM. Most normal people don't have a problem with that. I suppose I could do it but I think the main reason I am able to stay at the pizza place is because I like working afternoons and evenings.

I suppose the most logical course of action would be to interview for the job and then take it from there. At least that's what I think a grown-up would do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home