Thursday, September 22, 2005

Goodbye Puppy Friends, Part 2

I think the puppies and I are being weaned off of each other.

They are now only living at the house across the street on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings. I think their Daddy is only teaching Tues. and Thurs classes at the university and their Mommy isn't teaching this semester. I haven't seen her in a couple of weeks. Perhaps the family is living at another location during their long weekends? Or, maybe she's gone on to San Antonio to prepare their new home?

All I know is that I am trying to squeeze every drop of puppy love I can from 'Peros and Jumping Dog while I still can. I'm insisting on over-the-fence back scratches and If I'm lucky, 'Peros will let me rub under her chin. I'm using up the last of my dog biscuits and haven't bought any new Snausages or Jerky Treats lately. I suppose I'm subconsciously weaning them off of me by giving them less-tasty treats.

It is kind of sad and would be sadder...if there wasn't a brand new golden retriever puppy down the block... He already knows me on sight and stands up on his hind legs to get his treats. I wonder what I should name him? Goldie? Squeaky?

Aah. The circle of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home