Wednesday, July 20, 2005

HOT! HOT! HOT!

Oh my god it is so hot!

Plus, the pollution levels are very high in North Carolina and it is hard to breathe!

Last night on TV they were running well-produced ads reminding people what they can do to reduce pollution (like carpooling and combining errands - the usual stuff). They were also running commercials telling us to stay inside when the "heat index" is dangerously high.

The heat index has been dangerously high for the past 3 days. What that means is, even though the temperature "only" reads in the low-to-mid-90's, it actually feels like 105 - 110 degrees...IN THE SHADE!

Last night I had to take 2 breaks in my mile-long walk home. The first break lasted about 2 hours 'cuz I decided to read a book in the library until it cooled off a little. By 7pm, the temperature was down to 88 degrees, so I walked further. After a few blocks, I reached the Chinese restaurant. I was gasping for breath and drenched in perspiration. So,I took another break and ordered dinner to go. By the time I made it up the big hill, around the block and across the street (to give my puppy friends a treat)I was once again slick with sweat.

Dangerously high heat and outlandish humidity is NO FUN. However, dinner was delicious.

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda S. Silberman said...

Is it still hot?

8/03/2005 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home