Thursday, September 15, 2005

I'm So Angry I Can't Write

Having received complaints about not updating this blog in several weeks, I thought I'd make an attempt. Although, I don't feel very creative.

It is all of the fury and frustration I feel over Hurricane Katrina, Our horrible, horrible government and yes, my miserable little life. It just gets to me sometimes.

Since the criminals in the White House have taken siege of this country I have written at least 500 letters to Senators, Congressmen, heads of corporations and yes, even the dunderhead in the Oval Office. While most of the time my letters have been simply edited versions of the suggested letters written by the many political, environmental and activist groups to which I subscribe, I have written several on my own, including words of praise for my Congressman, Rep. Brad Miller, one of the "good guys".

I'm pretty sure, with the exception of Miller, my words have fallen on deaf ears. So have the words of MILLIONS of other Americans. The protests, actions and marches have also been pointless. Merely exercises designed to encourage and empower those involved in the activities. The leadership doesn't care. They have their own terrifying agenda that they continue to force-feed the entire world.

It is because of the past several years of calculated "ineptitude" that I must now come clean with my crazy and unspeakable "conspiracy theory".

Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, John Ashcroft, Condi Rice and all of the other bastards in the neo-conservative bunch planned and orchestrated the "terrorist acts" of 9/11. To use a famous quote, "follow the money". WHO has benefited from the events of that horrible day except this Bush administration and their corporate cronies? Why was it possible we knew the names of the hijackers within just a couple of weeks? Better yet, another question: why is it that two of the "hijackers" were actually stolen identities of Pakistani men who were in their own country at the time and are still alive?

Who has gained the most from this "war on terror"? Halliburton, Bechtel and other defense contractors and others, connected to this administration. No bid contracts are now the norm in war and in natural disasters. We never hear the truth in the main stream media. The reporters are either banned from the scene of the action or the conglomerates that own their journalistic outlets are just mouthpieces for the administration. I have no idea what kind of pressure Scott McClellan and his bosses put on news outlets but I can guess.

Finally, the professional response that followed the attacks of 9/11 could not be duplicated in a hurricane that everybody knew was coming and everybody had days in which to prepare. Thousands and thousands of people suffered horribly and will continue to suffer for many years to come. An entire city has been destroyed. The problem was that the Neo-Cons didn't have years to plan this one, like they orchestrated 9/11. They didn't have speeches prepared and couldn't make themselves look like great leaders and heroes. Yet, they have been able to control the media and have a blackout of photographs of the destruction and the dead. They have been able to give Halliburton more no-bid contracts to fill their corporate coffers. They have been able to rid a city filled with poor black people of its inhabitants for a long, long time.

Yeah, this is why I can't write in my blog right now. Because this is what I have to say and I know, nobody wants to hear the rantings of a crazy woman.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always remember that you're an individual. Just like everyone else. This rhetoric is so tired. Do something. If you think they're criminals, then writing letters isn't the solution. You're taking the path of least resistance. Do some thinking for yourself. Stop railing against the media when you've fallen victim to their opposite. Find your own way.

9/15/2005 1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home