Wednesday, November 28, 2012

More Mold

Mold is everywhere!

It seems like it is following me. I am highly susceptible to toxic spores, especially since I have had open heart surgery and blood clots in my lungs. The body gets more vulnerable after every exposure. And, Pennsylvania, as it turns out, is a very moldy state.

What is worse is my employer won a new government contract and truckloads of boxes of old files and cases are being shipped directly into my office. I hand it to my boss, she did what she could. She had all of the floors shampooed, moved me to a different office with a closed door (however, the angry little frat boy who also occupied the space is not happy and I had to verbally clean his clock to stop his tantrums). But, she has a job to do and a huge assignment to handle, and the woes of one mold-sensitive worker can't take up all of her time. So, I have to get out. I don't think there is any other choice.

This also coincides with my latest bout of homelessness. My ever-generous mother kicked me out of her house for the following 3 offenses: 1. Buying too much ham salad, 2. putting a damp towel in the hamper and  worst of all, 3. Not cleaning my bathroom enough, before her housekeeper arrived. I stayed at a Motel 6 for 9 days (no mold there, very peaceful - a happy time). But, money is scarce so a friend has put me up in his home for a little while. But, it is an old house and there are old mold spores to which he has built up an immunity. I have not.

Infections at home and work. I am a goner, unless I can get out of this place. New Mexico seems to be calling me again - but where? How? Thank God I finally have a car.

I can't tell you how tired I am of living like a gypsy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

You are in my thoughts & prayers.

11/28/2012 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home