Friday, August 10, 2012

Close Enough for Government Work

A job. An occupation. A way to keep busy during the hot days of summer and beyond. Can't believe I finally have employment!

Who'd have thought I'd land in an enormous building sorting mountains of claims and paperwork for a federal government contract? Sounds desperately unglamourous, I know. But, for right now, I think this is just what I need. Paperwork. Concentrated focused detail and blissfully, NO PHONES or belligerent people standing in front of my desk. I don't have the pressures of live broadcast and grammatical perfection. My fight-or-flight instincts have not kicked in! No panic or anxiety in an entire week. For now, I am at peace, even though I am tired. After being unemployed for two years, it is difficult to get back into an 8-hour-a-day routine (well, 10 hours, if you count up the commute and lunch). But a routine is nice. Apparently, I need some structure, to feed my creative juices. Today, while curiously eavesdropping on the native-tongue conversation of two Asian co-workers,  I began composing a musical piece, based on the tonal structure of the Vietnamese language. Will the piece ever come to light? Not sure but the exercise felt great. Good to stretch these mental muscles again.

Thank you, Universe!


1 Comments:

Anonymous chiropractors wyckoff said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8/11/2012 12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home