Tuesday, September 04, 2012

So, How's the New Job Coming Along?

Fine, I guess. I'm damned glad to have work. I'm exhausted all the time but here are the good things about this job:

1. NO PHONES!
2. NO MULTI-TASKING!
3. My hours are 10 to 6:30.
4. I can wear headphones and listen to music all day.
5. I can take lunch whenever I want.
6. The dress code is pretty casual - no jeans and sneakers, but almost anything else is OK.
7. I don't work with egomaniacs.
8. I don't have to worry about a capricious boss who might fire me at the drop of a hat.

Here's what I don't like about the job:

1. I can be bored out of my scull by the mundane point-and-click computer work and tedious copying of envelopes.
2. I don't seem to have much in common with my co-workers (but really, don't think I ever have, in any job).
3. I don't have a desk to call my own for the entire day. I have to move around.
4. The chairs are unbelievably uncomfortable.
5. Did I mention that I can be bored out of my mind?

I am thrilled, though, to have something to do during the day and to be making some money - finally! And, I must thank Brenda for letting me borrow her car EVERY SINGLE DAY. I don't know how I've been so blessed to have such a generous friend but I am very, very grateful!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home