Monday, November 29, 2010

Resonance Frequencies

I really believe that vibration and resonance hold the keys to life and existence on this planet, and maybe throughout the universe.

I came up with a theory, many years ago, called "The 12 Waves of Existence". In my theory, there are 12 basic vibrational waves that humans resonate towards. We are drawn to others who share our resonance frequencies and travel on similar paths.

What is my proof? Nothing. I have absolutely no proof. I've never done any extended reading on the subject and I don't know what kind of research has been done. It is just a feeling that I have.

Today I went to my weekly acupuncture appointment. Usually, I am able to relax and fall into a meditation almost as soon as the needles have been inserted. Not today. This time, I was unusually agitated and realized that my hands were almost gripping the arms of the recliner. I realized that the music playing in the treatment room was very irritating to me. I asked Jordan, the practitioner, to turn the music down, which he did. I also put earplugs in my ears. But, even that didn't help. The Chinese choir kept repeating the same phrase over and over and over. There was something about the chord changes and the notes being sung that grated on my nerves. I tried to breathe into my discomfort, accept and release my irritation. Nothing doing.

I ended my acupuncture session after only an hour. Usually it takes an hour and a half, to two hours to complete treatment. But, I could not take it any longer! After my session, I explained to Jordon the reason for my irritation. And then, I could not stop laughing about how pissed off I got, just because of the music.

I believe that the notes being sung were running counter to my body's own resonance. That is the only theory I can come up with. The recorded voices were in tune, the style of music was somewhat soothing (although very repetitive). There was just something about it that made me anxious.

Have you ever had that experience?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home