Sunday, May 02, 2010

Getting My Set List Together

I've spent all day long, listening to music that touches my soul, in various ways. I am organizing songs that I'd like to sing, when I perform.

So far, none will be written by me but all of these tunes mean a lot to me. I've uploaded a bunch of them to my YouTube channel. If you get a chance, would you look them over, give some a listen and let me know what you think?

http://www.youtube.com/user/ansapo#g/f

Still not sure how all of this will come together, but I'm heading in that direction!

Here are the names of the songs I'm considering and the name of the artist who sang or wrote them:

Barry Manilow: All The Time
Lay Me Down and Roll me Out to Sea
Gino Vannelli: Little Bit of Judas
Venus Envy
Jehovah and All that Jazz
Measure of a Man
None So Beautiful as the Brave
(OK - trying to whittle the Gino tunes down a bit more)
Angela Bofill: I Try
Al Jarreau: Teach me Tonight
The 5000 Fingers of Dr. T: Elevator to the Dungeon (hehehehehehe)
Do Me Do Duds
Frank Sinatra: Angel Eyes
Lenny Welch: Since I Fell for You

What am I forgetting?

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne S. said...

And HOW can I forget "Moondance" by Van Morrison! That must go on the list.

5/02/2010 9:30 AM  
Blogger Anne S. said...

Sigh. And, have to do another very, very new Gino tune, called "Woman on Top" - have to sing it from the first person perspective!

5/03/2010 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home