Saturday, January 12, 2008

ManBearPig

ManBearPig - I'm CEREAL!

These are the words I woke up thinking this morning at 3:50. I wonder why? In the cartoon South Park, a fictitious Al Gore is trying to warn the town of a hideous creature called ManBearPig (1/2 man, 1/2 bear and 1/2 pig) that is a tremendous danger to the community. Only problem is, ManBearPig appears to be more a figment of Al Gore's imagination, as there is no proof that it actually exists. It's supposed to be a metaphor for the global warming problems Gore has brought to the forefront of our society's consciousness and a not-so-subtle criticism of it by the disbelievers who create South Park.

It is now election season. And, as in the past, electronic voting machines are being used to tally the votes. In the New Hampshire primary, something like 80% of all electronic votes were counted by the software of ONE firm. The software is flawed and hasn't been updated, according to reports by Black Box Voting, an electronic voting watchdog group. Days before the primary, I told friends and co-workers that, despite Obama's lead in the polls, Hillary Clinton would win New Hampshire because she had been selected ahead of time by the "powers that be" - be they the 'Bilderberg Group' or the 'Bohemian Grove' crowd or some other 'New World Order' alliance. I was proven correct as her victory defied the lead Obama had going into the voting.

Yet, I still feel like I'm crying "ManBearPig" to the disbelievers. C'mon, I'm CEREAL!

To find out how these elections actually work, this year I'll be employed as a poll worker in the Washington State Primary in February. I'll be taking the ID photos and having voters sign in. I don't know if I'll learn anything about the process I hadn't known before but at least I'll see what things are like on the inside. And maybe find out how the machines work, if I'm lucky.

Really! I'm Cereal!! ManBearPig exists and is a danger to us all!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda S. Silberman said...

Awesome! I can't wait to hear all about the inside world of the polling stations!

1/14/2008 2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home