Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Bankrupt and Unemployed!

All in 2 days, I am suddenly unemployed (well, almost) and nearly bankrupt.

The credit counselor I met with last Friday advised me to file for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. Because I make so little money, she suggested this instead of making deals with my creditors. She even advised me to file the paperwork myself, instead of paying a lawyer. Wow. I cried and cried and went through half a box of tissues during the meeting.

On Monday, I resigned from "Lucky number 38", (see May 17th blog) the job I held at the University. My boss was an emotionally disturbed and immature woman who made sport of accusing her employees of misinterpreting her instructions and then blamed us for her mistakes. I couldn't take it any longer when she changed my job from an analytical, task-focused job to a multi-tasking, high-stress front desk position. She also refused to order office supplies for me, (while others in the office had adequate tools for their job) and cancelled any training that was scheduled for me becuase she wanted a new desk and didn't want to blow the budget on my needs.

Something better has to come along, right? I'm so glad to be away from this office ogre but I sure need the money. Luckily, I still have a temporary, part-time job I really enjoy at the public radio station. And school starts in September. And my teaching assistantship starts in March.

Keep the faith...keep the faith...one foot in front of the other...one day at a time...God, I need a drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home