Monday, March 20, 2006

Cell Phones Suck

Really, I've had a cell phone for about 5 months and never use more than 100 minutes a month on the thing. Do I really need it??

I plugged it in overnight to recharge and when I unplugged it in the morning, the thing was totally dead. So, I called Verizon's customer service who told me to take the phone downtown into the Verizon store. The unpleasant tech looked at it and told me that "since a copper tooth was out of place where it gets plugged in, the phone is no longer under warrenty and that my only recourse is it buy a new phone!!!" And this is because I didn't buy "insurance"! Geez. Does anybody buy that stuff?

So, I sat in traffic for a half hour on 5th avenue and headed South to Costco, since I got the phone in Greensboro's Costco. They also asked me if I bought insurance but the Costco phone guy offered to call customer service for me and he got them to send me a new phone (3 business days) BUT I have to pay $11 in shipping charges (as well as paying for 4 or 5 days of no phone service!. I don't think I like having a cell phone.

I feel like I'm wasting $39.99 every month on this thing. I thought I'd use it more but the reality is, who do I have to call?

Cell phones are just another way to drain my tiny bank account!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home