Monday, August 26, 2013

Peace and Acceptance

I am working on practicing peace and acceptance.

I want to accept the way things are. The way they have turned out. Appreciate the blessings of the here and now and stop continually wondering why things haven't happened the way I wanted them to. Stop wondering why I was thrown for such a loop, backwards and forwards and sideways. Appreciate and accept the peace of the moment. I need to be at peace. It is the only answer.

Each morning as I awake, and before I go to sleep at night, I take time to be thankful for all the blessings of the day before. I remember to give thanks for the small things (my car, good health, enough to eat, the Internet, my renewed good relationship with my sisters, the beautiful weather, a roof over my head, etc.) I am working on having more faith in the Divine, and knowing that everything is happening at the right moment and I am in the exact correct place at the correct time. "All is unfolding as it should", is the phrase I keep repeating to myself.

It is a daily practice and I am not always successful. I am working on the wonderful concept of being loved, no matter what I do and what I think. Warts and all. I like that idea. So different from how I was raised. I give credit to my sisters for leading the way in this frame of thought. We have always been each others teachers, confidants and guides.

After a small car accident last week, one of my first thoughts was "I wish I would have had more fun and not been so anxious". I also had a conversation with a beautiful 70-year-old woman who told me this year she was finally able to let go of her own critical inner voice. She advised me to let go and have fun NOW, and not wait until I am 70. There is a lesson here and I am learning. Peace and acceptance. And joy. Can't forget the joy.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home