Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Am I Still a Singer?

After getting off the phone with musician friend, Joe, today, I began questioning myself.

Am I still a singer? I keep coughing every time I try to sing. It appears that my lungs have not recovered completely from the mold. I get discouraged when I sing and am very, very judgmental about what comes out of my mouth. Sometimes I think I am the least disciplined person on Earth.

I watched most of the finale of "America's Got Talent" tonight and realized how much work went into every performance on that show. You have to really believe in yourself to work that hard. I've recently had quite the crisis of confidence and don't think I have it in me to "practice, practice, practice".

I want to recapture the joy I had back in April, when I began to open up again. I need some inspiration. Currently, the old inspiration brings me pain. My trusting heart was opened so wide that recovery is difficult.

I hope I find what I am looking for and I hope my voice will return soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home