Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Restless Readers! Here's the latest.

My goodness.

It has only been 4 days since my last post and I'm already being nagged to post something new! I had no idea people actually cared what I wrote about.

OK

Today's experience:

I'm trying to get my unemployment reinstated. I was told to write a statement, describing my "illness and trip to New Mexico" and give all pertinent dates, etc. I hope I did it right. I then went to the "Work Source" office so they could fax it for free to the unemployment office. The Work Source office was packed. There were 8 people in line ahead of me and all of the computers were filled, as well as all of the tables and most of the chairs. There was a set of identical twins waiting to attend a class on job search options.

Then, since I got my social security card, I went back to the biotech place to try and donate my plasma for $30. After waiting for 2 hours, I was told that a person with a heart-valve transplant can not donate plasma. But I did get to see what it was like to be in that room. For such a white city, Seattle has a disproportionately large black population waiting to donate plasma. When I got there, I was the only white face in the room and one of only 2 women. By the time I left, the demographics had changed. After 3:30, more white people and several women arrived. Many people knew each other. I guess they've been donating their bodily fluids for some time now.

You know, I can't believe a cow-valve would prohibit me from selling my plasma. I'm not infected. I just had a heart check-up. I am fine. MOOOOOOOO MOOOOOOO MOOOOOO (OK, well there is that little affectation I have...)

Then Joe sent me some money so I can buy some gas. This means I can go to Yom Kippor dinner at Julie's on Saturday. And drive to a temp job or interview - and maybe, go back and do Rockarokie on Sunday. Joe, your kindness bought me a life, for the rest of the week. I thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home