Thursday, November 28, 2019

Co-Puppy Parenting

I've tried to tell him gently, but he won't understand until he gets into the car tonight and drives away.

Baxter now has a daddy, as well as a mommy. My situation is far too traumatic for me, right now, so my friend's "son" (prized pupil) has agreed to take care of Baxter for as long as I need - possibly for the rest of his life. He already has one dog, a pit-bull mix, Dobby, and he and Baxter tolerate each other, so far. I'm sure it will be uneasy, at first, but I really hope Dobby and Baxter become best friends, and that the re-homing situation goes well. The "son" will bring Baxter back and forth every week, so I'll still see him, but I won't be financially responsible for him anymore. Also, my boy will finally get the exercise he desperately needs, as I am not very fast moving these days - especially with an orthopedic boot on my left foot (since I broke a bone in it a few weeks ago).

I'm trying very hard to see a future for me in this town but it is extremely difficult. I just don't have it in me to worry about Baxter, too. I contemplate suicide almost daily - at least once per day, I sink down so far, emotionally, I don't think I can recover. And then, somehow, I do. But I have no idea how to go on. I don't know if I'll ever see happiness again. Everything is so "Pennsylvania". My dear friend is doing yeoman's work. I feel tremendous guilt being this depressed around him. He keeps painting a cozy scenario for me that involves a cute apartment and a kitty. It brings me a bit of hope. Baxter is such an active dog. I love him very much. I hope he understands the new arrangement that must happen, now that he's living in civilization, instead of on acres upon acres of free range scrub.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home