Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Another 2000 Miles

So, here I am, back across the country again. Being cared for by a very kind and generous friend.

Trying to be positive but it has all been so much. The serious illnesses, (of last year), the efforts of moving, the uprooting by a crazy landlady. The driving and packing, schlepping in and hauling out of my truck every night and morning.

And then today,  having to single-handedly unload and re-load my truck bed of everything for a 2 night stay, including the heavy full-size futon up and down stairs. Didn't I have 2 open heart surgeries? Other 58 year old women don't live like this.

What was Sojourner Truth's famous "Ain't I a Woman" speech? It was all about the hard labor and life of a black woman, in comparison to that of a white woman, who was treated like a delicate creature. I could relate to Sojourner's side, during this past unbelievable month of hard labor and trauma.

Hell. Did you know I went to London September 3rd - 11th? I haven't even processed that trip yet. Have been in crisis-mode, since I returned, after my life was blown up. I'm away from crazy, evil Jewel now. The landlady from hell. Just wanted to write something here as an update. I know this is barely coherent.

More later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home